The Seaview Senior Living Center will create much-needed senior housing and provide quality care for many of the area's residents.
Located in Staten Island on Brielle Avenue between Walcott Avenue and Rockland Avenue in the Willowbrook neighborhood, this lovely 15-acre site will meet the needs of Staten Island’s senior community, the fastest growing senior population in the five boroughs.
NYCEDC sold the property to Seaview Senior Living Corporation, which will construct senior housing units and community facilities. The terms of the sale mandate that the land be used for senior housing with both assisted living services and a community center for the next 30 years.
The Seaview project has been organized into two phases.
- Construction of a 95,000 square-foot building containing 120 assisted living housing units for seniors 62 years and older
- Construction of a 10,500 square-foot commons building
- Rehabilitation of the historic 9,000 square foot Staff Residence for social gatherings, activities center and ancillary uses
- Development of 100 parking spaces
- Will include independent living units for seniors 55 years and older, a portion of which will be classified as affordable