To create shared prosperity across the five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the city’s diverse people and businesses.
Strong Neighborhoods, Good Jobs: That’s NYCEDC
NYCEDC and our staff of over five hundred employees work on behalf of the City of New York to drive growth, create jobs, and improve the quality of life.
NYCEDC offers a variety of learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our full-time employees. These range from onsite technical and job-specific training courses to tuition reimbursement for career enhancement. Employees may also participate in NYCEDC’s company-wide mentoring program.
In addition, NYCEDC positions typically offer other valuable exposure:
- Entry-level positions generally include substantial project management
- Day-to-day work involves public/private-sector networking
- 504 employees
- $424 million distributed to businesses and not-for-profits
- $24.6 million in property sales closed
- 60 million square feet of property maintained