Lower Manhattan Energy Program
Up to 45% reduction on regulated electric costs for commercial tenants and common space in qualified buildings within Lower Manhattan.
The Lower Manhattan Energy Program (LMEP) provides property owners and commercial tenants in eligible buildings up to 45% reduction in electricity transportation and delivery costs for up to twelve years.
- When to apply: The building submits LMEP application to SBS prior to issuance of building permit for renovation; or prior to execution of the Inducement Resolution for IDA applicants
- Who is eligible: Qualified building owners and their commercial office tenants (non-retail)
- Administering Agency: NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS)
- For pre-screening: Call 311 and ask for Department of Small Business Services, Business Incentives Unit to pre-screen for eligibility
- To apply, please visit the Lower Manhattan Energy Program
View a map of buildings currently receiving LMEP benefits.