Cyber NYC is a catalytic investment in new programs and services to establish New York City as a global leader in cybersecurity.
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is launching Cyber NYC—the City's $30 million investment to grow its cybersecurity ecosystem through an innovative suite of public-private partnerships focused on three goals:
- Community: Grow startups, facilitate cross-sector engagement between industry, academia, entrepreneurs, and investors, and strengthen the cyber community
- Talent: Connect and develop a homegrown workforce with relevant, industry-informed cyber career skills and grow the diversity, quality, and volume of talent
- Innovation: Commercialize and scale academic research, producing new companies and jobs, and providing the networks needed for investment, mentorship, and collaboration
Building the local community, training and connecting talent to jobs, and spurring innovation.
Within the multiple work streams outlined below, NYCEDC has identified the Cyber Center, hosting New York City’s first cybersecurity-dedicated accelerator and Cyber NYC’s Applied Learning Initiative as the core components that have the greatest potential to drive impact with the cybersecurity sector.
- Community Programs to offer work space for stakeholders and host programs and events that foster new networks and experiences across the ecosystem
- Accelerator to scale growth-stage cybersecurity startups, offering participants access to potential customers, investors, mentors, space, and training
- Applied Learning Initiative to deliver industry-informed curricula across local educational institutions, offering students new, applied learning opportunities that prepare them for jobs in cybersecurity
- Cyber Boot Camp to strengthen the pipeline of talent by training a diverse pool of candidates with industry-informed skills to secure and succeed in targeted cybersecurity jobs
Academic Innovation Exchanges:
- Cyber IP Link to connect university-affiliated creators of commercialization-ready IP with experienced entrepreneurs to launch new ventures
- Cyber Innovation Bridge to provide growth opportunities for academia-led startups by offering access to entrepreneurship training and early-stage funding