Brooklyn Wholesale Meat Market
Constructed in early 1970s, Brooklyn Wholesale Meat Market is located in the Sunset Park neighborhood of Brooklyn. The market consists of two buildings, Building A and Building B, with a total gross built area of approximately 175,000 square feet. The buildings consist of wholesale companies engaged in meat and poultry processing, fish, produce as well as distribution. The outside area includes truck loading docks and an employee parking lot.
- Available Space: 2,400-20,000 square feet
- Refrigerated space in a prime NYC location
- Individually controlled split system refrigeration units with air-cooled condensing units on roof and evaporator coils in cooler space
- Refrigerated space may be used for meat, produce, seafood, and more
- METASYS®, 24-hour electronic monitoring of refrigeration temperatures.
- Common area services such as a market manager, 24-hour security, on-site mechanics and porters, hot water, heat and snow removal, and cleaning and carting of debris
- Mezzanine office area including a meeting room, storage room, locker room and men’s and women’s bathrooms
- 12-foot ceiling heights, insulated concrete block walls, concrete floors with drainage, roll-up shutter door
- A truck loading dock and staging area with a roll-up shutter door and covered shipping and receiving platforms
- On-site truck and employee parking
- 5600 First Avenue, Brooklyn, New York
- Sunset Park area of Brooklyn
- 20 minutes to Manhattan
- Near BQE and public transportation subway, buses, and water taxi
Small Business Workshops
In addition to leasing opportunities, NYCEDC also provides qualified small industrial businesses with the opportunity to learn growth strategies from industry experts during a yearlong program as part of the Industrial Growth Initiative. Learn more and apply now.