Coney Island Fourthfest
The Brooklyn Cyclones will be on the road, but the ballpark will be open to the public for FourthFest, an Independence Day celebration. Admission is free, however donations will be accepted to benefit the Brooklyn Public Library and ConeyRecovers, an initiative of local organizations working in partnership to assist with the recovery of the Coney Island community.
The gates will be open at 4:30 p.m. and all ballpark concessions and restrooms will be available to the public. During the event, attendees can enjoy:
- A pig roast presented by Thomas Joseph Catering
- “Beers of New York” Beer Garden
- A special performance by the String Orchestra of Brooklyn
- Live music from oldies and Top 40 cover bands
- Family activities including the “Fastest Arm in Brooklyn Competition” on the Brooklyn Cyclones speed pitch
The event will culminate with a tremendous Fourth of July fireworks extravaganza at 9 p.m., preceded by a performance from the Brooklyn String Orchestra.
Fourth of July in Coney Island kicks off with the world-renowned Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest at the Original Nathan’s of Coney Island located on Stillwell Avenue. Here is the schedule:
- Pre-show begins at 10:30 AM
- Women's contest at 11:30 AM
- Men's Contest at 12:30 PM
For more information, please visit BrooklynCyclones.com or contact 718.37.BKLYN