Activating Staten Island's Beachfront
What’s your vision for the East and South Shores of Staten Island?
NYCEDC is looking for proposals that include amenities, events, development, open space improvements, services, and designs to better activate the public beachfronts, parks, open spaces, trails, and historic buildings of Staten Island's East and South Shores. Ideas that can be implemented by early summer 2014 are strongly encouraged, as well as concepts focused on a more long-term or comprehensive vision.
Our goal for the Staten Island Beachfront is:
- To leverage existing assets and generate new uses that will appeal to locals and visitors and stimulate economy recovery for the surrounding residential and business communities
- Advance the community resiliency initiatives from Mayor Bloomberg’s Special Initiative for Rebuilding and Resiliency’s “A Stronger, More Resilient New York” report.
- Download a Request for Expression of Interest.(RFEI)
- Attend a site visit, Wednesday, December 4, 2013
- Submit a RFEI from December 20, 2013 - January 21, 2014
- Submit a question by January 10, 2014
For more information and submission details, visit the Staten Island Beachfront Request for Expressions of Interest page.
For current information on Staten Island Beachfronts and the 2014 Staten Island Beach Fest, visit the project page.