Take the H.E.L.M. Past Competitions
Take the H.E.L.M. 1.0
The finalists were broken into five separate tracks: startups less than three years old, companies new to New York, technology companies, creative companies, and companies currently in Lower Manhattan looking to expand in the area. The finalists all received a $10,000 cash grant for participating in the competition.
The nineteen finalists in the five tracks were:
|Startups||New New Yorkers||Technology||Creative Services||Existing Firms|
|Fathom Unlimited||Crane.tv||MedCPU||Flatiron School||Booker|
|Side Tour||Grapeshot||OrderGroove||Refinery 29||Bright Power, Inc.|
|Paperless Post||Rock Shrimp Productions||Of a Kind|
|We Work||Student Competitions AB||ThinkEco||SHoP Architects|
Below are the winners of the first Take the H.E.L.M. competition, all listed within the track they competed:
- Startups: Moving to Lower Manhattan from the Flatiron District, STELLAService objectively measures and rates the service quality of thousands of online retailers, helping consumers make more informed buying decisions and helping businesses benchmark and improve the end-to-end customer experience.
- New New Yorkers: Coming to New York from Cambridge, England, Grapeshot analyzes webpages to create keyword profiles based on probabilistic algorithms, for content recommendation and contextual advertising.
- Technology: Leaving their current location on West 25th Street in Manhattan, Paperless Post will help users create custom online and paper stationery through elegant technologies and powerful design. Users pay Paperless Post directly for a product they love and trust for milestone events like weddings and holidays.
- Creative Services: Moving from West 26th Street in Manhattan, The Flatiron School gives passionate people the skills they need to become software developers, and helps them get jobs at fast growing technology companies in New York City.
- Existing Lower Manhattan Firms: Booker enables service businesses to streamline operations and maximize their revenues on a unified, cloud-based platform.