Life Sciences R&D RFP
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is seeking one or more organizations to develop and operate critical facilities and/or equipment to support commercialization of life sciences R&D activity in the field of therapeutics. A competitive proposal will achieve the following goals:
• Supports therapeutics R&D activity by constructing new, or expanding existing, facilities and/or equipment to meet a critical unmet need in New York City’s life sciences R&D ecosystem
• Promotes commercialization of R&D projects that could otherwise leave New York City and stimulates other measurable economic impact for the City
• Develops and operates a Project that will reach financial sustainability including through an ongoing pipeline of R&D projects that will leverage the facility and/or equipment
• Provides programming and services (e.g., technical expertise and educational programs) to maximize the utility and impact of the facility and/or equipment
• Encourages collaboration and accessibility across the ecosystem via formal joint partnerships and/or access to multiple users beyond the Operator
• Enhances the competitiveness of the City in attracting funding from industry, philanthropy, and the federal government
NYCEDC plans to select an operator and developer on the basis of factors stated in the RFP which include but are not limited to: the level of impact on New York City’s R&D ecosystem in the field of therapeutics, the level of economic impact on New York City, and the value of money and financial sustainability of the proposed project.
It is the policy of NYCEDC to comply with all federal, state and City laws and regulations which prohibit unlawful discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status and other protected category and to take affirmative action in working with contracting parties to ensure certified Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs) share in the economic opportunities generated by NYCEDC’s projects and initiatives. Please refer to the Equal Employment and Affirmative Compliance for Non-Construction Contracts Addendum in the RFP
Respondents may submit questions and/or request clarifications from NYCEDC no later than 5:00pm on January 28, 2019. Questions regarding the subject matter of this RFP should be directed to [email protected]. For all questions that do not pertain to the subject matter of this RFP, please contact NYCEDC’s Contracts Hotline at (212) 312-3969. Answers to all questions will be posted by February 4, 2019, on this page.
Detailed submission guidelines and requirements are outlined in this RFP, available as of December 12, 2018. In addition to being able to download the document above, the RFP is available for in-person pick-up between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, from NYCEDC, 110 William Street, 4th floor Mailroom Bid Desk, New York, NY (between Fulton & John streets). Responses are due no later than 4:00 pm on February 15, 2019. Please submit seven (7) COPIES and one (1) USB flash drive of your proposal to:
NYCEDC, 110 William Street, 4th floor Mailroom Bid Desk, New York, NY 10038
Attention: Maryann Catalano, Chief Contracting Officer, Contracts.
Optional Info Session
Please find date, time and location listed below. Those who wish to attend should RSVP by email to [email protected] by 5:00 pm on January 10, 2019
- January 14, 2019
- NYCEDC 110 William Street, NY NY 10038 6th floor reception
This project has Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise (“M/WBE”) participation goals, and all respondents will be required to submit an M/WBE Participation Proposal with their response. To learn more about NYCEDC’s M/WBE program, visit http://www.nycedc.com/opportunitymwdbe. For the list of companies who have been certified with the New York City Department of Small Business Services as M/WBE, please go to the www.nyc.gov/buycertified.
NYCEDC established the Kick Start Loan programs for Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (M/W/DBE) interested in working on public construction projects. Kick Start Loans facilitates financing for short-term mobilization needs such as insurance, labor, supplies and equipment. Bidders/subcontractors are strongly encouraged to visit the NYCEDC website at www.nycedc.com/opportunitymwdbe to learn more about the program.