New York City Economic Development Corporation (“NYCEDC”) is seeking design, engineering, construction and construction management firms interested in providing services for various projects listed below (the “Projects”). NYCEDC intends to issue Requests for Qualifications (“RFQ”), Requests for Proposals (“RFP”), and Invitations for Bids (“IFB”), as further described below, from interested firms. This Notice is being issued solely for informational and planning purposes and does not constitute a solicitation.
The projects are to include design, construction, construction management and resident engineering services for infrastructure, streetscapes, waterfront improvements, new buildings, building renovations, and other work as described below.
NYCEDC intends to issue solicitations for the Projects on or about the dates listed below. Each solicitation will provide full details of specific submittal requirements for each Project.
NYCEDC reserves the sole right, without incurring any liability, to change any aspect of the proposed Projects described below, including the right to not proceed with any solicitation, and/or the right to proceed in a different manner or on a different timeline than as described below.
- Pier 42. NYCEDC intends to issue a Request For Proposals in the Winter of 2019 for Construction Management Services for the construction of an upland 7-acre park and related facilities between Pier 42 and the FDR Drive on the East River in Lower Manhattan.
- Capital Program CM Retainer Contract. NYCEDC intends to issue a Request For Proposals for retainer construction management services for use with the Capital Program department (CAP) in the Winter of 2019. CAP does not currently hold such retainer contracts (though it has in past years). The new contracts will be for use on a variety of projects to be implemented by CAP. It is expected that one or more contracts will be awarded. Individual project assignments will be awarded under the retainer contract(s) on a task order basis. It is expected that the contract(s) will be valid for between three and five years.
- Brooklyn Bridge Esplanade. NYCEDC intends to issue a Request For Proposals in the first half of 2019 for Construction Management Services for the construction of approximately 1500 linear feet of Esplanade along the East River at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge in Manhattan.
- Manhattan Greenway – Harlem River. NYCEDC intends to issue a Request For Proposals in Spring of 2019 for construction management services for the construction of the Manhattan Greenway – Harlem River between East 125th Street and East 145th Street, and East 155th Street to Swindler Cove, along the Harlem River in Manhattan.
- 79th Street Boat Basin. NYCEDC intends to issue a Request For Proposals in Fall 2019 for Construction Management Services for the dredging and reconstruction of the 79th Street Boat Basin, along the Hudson River in Manhattan.
- Tompkinsville. NYCEDC intends to issue a Request For Proposals in Spring 2019 for Construction Management Services for the construction of a pier, esplanade and adjacent roadways along the Staten Island waterfront in Tompkinsville.
- Lower Concourse Park. NYCEDC intends to issue a Request For Proposals for civil engineers and landscape architects in April 2019 for design services to develop a park along the Harlem River in the Bronx, approximately between East 144th Street and East 146th Street, in conjunction with the Lower Concourse Infrastructure project currently underway.
- Water Street Construction. NYCEDC intends to issue an Invitation For Bid in the first quarter of 2019 for General Contract work for the construction of two new plazas along with widening sidewalks, a series of pedestrian bump-outs, bus bulbs, street geometric realignment, full depth reconstruction at select intersections all along the Water Street Corridor in lower Manhattan.