The ConstructNYC program is designed to connect small-to-mid-sized minority/women-owned, veteran-owned, and otherwise disadvantaged business enterprises with exclusive opportunities to work on NYCEDC projects through contracts of up to $1 million.
Firms prequalified through ConstructNYC will:
- Compete against similarly-sized businesses for NYCEDC contracts
- Receive fast-tracked payments and access to mobilization capital to prevent cash-flow issues
- Gain valuable experience working on transformative New York City projects
- Receive on-the-job technical assistance to ensure success on-site
- Access top-notch training to address any business weaknesses
NYCEDC aims to make $25 million in awards to ConstructNYC contractors in 2017
Get Prequalified to Work on NYCEDC Projects
Firms must apply to become part of the ConstructNYC Prequalified List (“PQL”), a pool of contractors with exclusive access to opportunities on designated projects. NYCEDC is looking into flexible bonding and insurance requirements as well as payment fast-tracking to ensure opportunities are accessible to smaller contractors. NYCEDC will prequalify firms in a wide variety of trades including, but not limited to:
Brick Work/Façade Work · Demolition/Rubbish Removal · Electrical · Foundations & Excavations · General Construction · Hazardous Materials Abatement · HVAC · Plumbing · Roofing & Waterproofing · Security Systems · Site Improvements · Underground Utilities · Windows & Doors
Build Capacity to get Prequalified
ConstructNYC includes top-notch training in critical areas that directly impact job performance to address specific weaknesses so that PQL firms are primed for success. Participants will have access to the following class topics, which are geared towards working specifically on NYCEDC projects:
- Orientation to NYCEDC Contracts
- Technical Administration and Proposal Items
- Legal Contract Administration
- Accounting & Financial Infrastructure
- Safety Plans & Policy
- Risk Mitigation Strategies
1st Step - Eligibility Application: Fill out this short application to verify your eligibility for the program.
2nd Step - PQL Application: Once eligibility is verified, applicants will receive the PQL application, which will be used to determine the specific trade(s) for which applicants will be prequalified as well as any training that is recommended or required.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Questions about ConstructNYC should be directed to the M/W/DBE team.
For questions about prequalification, please contact John Rooney at [email protected] or 212.312.4256
For questions about training, please contact Lucy Christensen at [email protected] or 212.312.4242