Real Estate Transaction Services
Real Estate Transaction Services (RETS) catalyzes double bottom line economic growth by executing and advising on real estate transactions and public-private partnerships that support growth of quality jobs, promote livable and affordable communities, and facilitate redevelopment projects that drive inclusive growth and positive return to the city.
RETS connects real estate development RFPs to workforce outcomes to create opportunity for low income residents, small businesses, and diverse communities.
- Performing financial and feasibility analyses
- Developing and managing Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Negotiating the sale or lease of City property
- Spearheading development projects through public approvals
- Ensuring successful closing of transactions
- Inter-organizational financial structuring advisory and analysis services
Additionally, the department executes mission-drive sales, leases, and dispositions/acquisitions of City property that maximize return to the City, create quality jobs, provide affordability, and enhance livability and opportunity for communities by:
- Supporting access to affordable housing by implementing key transactional and analytic components of Housing New York plan in critical mixed-used and particularly complex projects.
- Promoting growth in quality jobs industries through targeted commercial and industrial real estate transactions
- Acquiring pivotal properties in strategically prioritized areas
- Enhance livability and address community needs
- Finally, RETS provides transaction support for catalytic large-scale planning and neighborhood redevelopment projects in the City.
EVP, Real Estate Transaction Services