Upcoming Harlem Biospace Information Sessions & Application Deadline - 8/19
Harlem Biospace (Hb) is a new biotech incubator, the first of its kind in New York City, to offer affordable shared wet lab space, mentorship, and business support for early-stage life science companies. To learn more about Harlem Biospace, the application process, and to meet the founders, please attend one of the upcoming information sessions listed below.
The application deadline to be a tenant of the space is Monday, August 19th. To request an application, please visit www.harlembiospace.com.
- Thursday, August 8, 12-1pm │ NYU Langone Medical Center with the Office of Industrial Liaison at NYU │ Register
- Friday, August 9, 12-1pm │ Columbia University Medical Center with Columbia Technology Ventures │ Register
- Tuesday, August 13, 6pm-7:30pm │ Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center with NYC TechConnect Riverside Chats Speaker Series │ Register
- Wednesday, August 14, 10am-11:30am │ Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with Mount Sinai Innovation Partners │ Register
About Harlem Biospace
Situated at the heart of Columbia University, City College of New York and the Columbia Manhattanville expansion, with easy access to the city’s major academic research institutions, Harlem Biospace will provide up to 24 competitively-selected companies with access to:
- Space - One ergonomic work desk, one shared wet lab bench (two desks share one bench), all utilities, wifi, and printing
- Flexible Terms - 6 month renewable licenses with a goal of graduating companies in 3 years; no equity asked
- Mentorship - One-on-one guidance with leading mentors, investors, and practitioners
- Events & Classes - Learn about the business of biotech and launching a company
- Equipment - Turnkey access to cell-culture hood, incubators (5 and 10 percent carbon dioxide), benchtop centrifuge, autoclave, chemical fume hood, microscopy, freezers, and fridge space
- Community - Unlimited 24/7 access to a physical space and community of like-minded biotech entrepreneurs to share ideas and experiences
An initiative of NYCEDC and led by Sam Sia, PhD, a Columbia University faculty member and serial entrepreneur, Harlem Biospace will help build a stronger biotech community in the City. It is anticipated to open in November 2013.
Learn more about this new, exciting space at harlembiospace.com