Seaside Summer Concert Series at Coney Island
The 34th Annual Seaside Summer Concert Series at Coney Island starts tonight! The concert series is sponsored by Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz and is free and open to the public. This year's lineup features:
- July 12: Disco Night/Last Dance: A Tribute to Donna Summer, with Gloria Gaynor, The Village People, The Trammps, and Rose Royce
- July 20: Squeeze and The Romantics
- July 26: Annual Latino Music by the Sea: Oscar DeLeon, Luis Enrique, and N'Klabe
- August 2: The Best of Classic Rock Night: Dennis DeYoung - The Music of Styxx and Lou Gramm - The Voice of Foreigner
- August 9: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- August 16: Gladys Knight and The Commodores
The concerts are held at West 21st Street and Surf Avenue in Coney Island, adjacent to MCU Ballpark. The best way to get to the concert is via the subway. The D, F, N, and Q trains all stop at Stillwell Avenue - you can't miss it; it's the last stop on the train! Look for Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Stand on Surf Avenue, turn right, and aim for the Ballpark.
Visit www.coneyislandfunguide.com for more information.
Tip: Bring a folding chair. (There is a seating area with a limited number of chairs, but that area has a $5 admission charge.)
Please note that there are no cameras, no audio or video recording, no alcohol, no pets, no bottles, and no smoking allowed. All persons and packages are subject to search prior to entry.