NYC at SXSW Interactive 2014
Are you going to South by Southwest (SXSW) this year?
Heralded as one of the nation's ultimate music, film, and interactive conferences, SXSW kicks off this Friday, March 7 in Austin, Texas.
We're happy to support New York Tech Meetup (NYTM) as it brings a piece of the Big Apple to the Interactive portion of SXSW.
Join NYTM on Saturday, March 8 as it showcases the growing NYC tech community and the supporting ecosystem that allows start-ups to grow and flourish here in the city. The fun starts Saturday, March 8 at 11:30 am with investor and entrepreneur networking sponsored by Gust, followed by a New York Tech Fair. Some of NYC's most promising startups will be there including Shutterstock, Innovate NYC Schools, and Yodle.
NYCEDC will also have a table, so be sure to stop by for some swag!
The highlight of the day will be a SXSW version of NYTM's signature demo event where these ten Made in NYC companies will demo their products:
- 1 Second Everyday: An app that records one second everyday of your life to help capture memories.
- Aereo: The simplest way to record and watch television online using an individual antenna and DVR in the cloud, no boxes, wires, or cable subscription required. @Aereo
- Canary.is: A consumer security product that gives real-time relevant information.
- HeTexted: Real advice from real people in real time.
- Kinsa: Creating the world's first real-time map of human health by connecting the world's most common medical device.
- MongoDB: Enabling engineers to build and run modern applications.
- Moven: The world's newest downloadable account that provides real-time spending insights to motivate customers to make smarter decisions and save.
- Qlovi: Personalizing reading and writing experiences for classrooms.
- Skillfeed: The easiest, most cost-friendly way to learn creative and technical skills for your job.
- Topi: The only solution that connects everyone at any event.
After the Meetup, join fellow attendees for an afterparty to connect with other attendees. Be sure to RSVP and claim your spot!
What are some of your must-attend events for this year's SXSW?