Free, Reliable High-Speed Broadband Wiring for Your Business
Are you a small or medium-sized commercial and industrial business that could benefit from free high-speed fiber broadband build-out to your business? We’re talking about reliable, steady internet access with connectivity speeds hundreds of times faster than Cable and DSL.
Take the first steps to getting fiber for your business by applying by Thursday, December 27 to the ConnectNYC Fiber Challenge, one of the City’s initiatives in partnership with Time Warner Cable and Optimum Online (Cablevision) to upgrade buildings across the five boroughs with free fiber optic wiring.
It’s simple to enter:
1. Accept the challenge at http://nycfiberchallenge.challengepost.com/
2. Complete all of the required fields on the submission form, including the following:
- Basic information about the business;
- Description of current internet connectivity;
- Anticipated upload and download speeds required for business activities; and
- A description of how fiber connectivity could increase jobs and productivity in the business at the location.
We’ve heard that one of the biggest obstacles to getting businesses connected to broadband internet is the cost of the fiber build-out. Winning contestants will receive a free broadband build-out to their location of business, which on average costs approximately $50,000 per business depending on its location. Potential winners must receive permission from their landlord to grant ISPs access to the building and will be required to sign a one-year service contract with a participating ISP at negotiated market rates before they are eligible to receive a free fiber build-out.
The total award funds will equal $12 million over a two-year period, with up to $7 million distributed this year. It is anticipated that some 240 businesses will receive fiber wiring over the course of the two-year program, with a minimum of 25% of the award funds to be granted to businesses located in Industrial Business Zones. If this sounds like a program for your company, apply today.