Fashion Campus NYC
By Meghana Gandhi, Senior Project Manager, Fashion/Retail Team
NYCEDC and Parsons The New School for Design are again joining forces for Fashion Campus NYC, an exciting, intensive weekend immersion to educate and inspire NYC’s future fashion and retail management leaders.
This year’s event, free and open to college students interning in New York City this summer, will take place from June 15th – 16th at the Parsons campus in Greenwich Village. During the weekend, participants can experience:
- Keynote Address by Rachel Roy: The designer explains how she built her well-respected womenswear brand, including a diffusion line.
- Backstage Pass: A panel discussion with young professionals in the finance, sales, production, merchandising, marketing and buying areas of the fashion industry.
- Ready-to-Work Networking Brunch: Interns can make lasting industry contacts, learn more about specific jobs and companies, and gain insight into what HR managers seek in job candidates.
- A Tailored Approach: Career advisors from top fashion schools lead small group sessions organized by career path, so interns can gain insight into the professional areas in which they are most interested.
- And more – go to http://www.fashioncampusnyc.com/ for details.
All college students or recent graduates interning in New York City fashion this summer are welcome to register beginning on April 16th. As space is limited, applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Last year’s event was an enormous success, with nearly 200 interns from over 90 universities and 150 companies in attendance. Visit http://www.fashioncampusnyc.com/ for photos and videos from last year’s event. Following the successful launch of Fashion Campus NYC in 2011, Parsons and NYCEDC also launched Fashion Draft NYC in February of this year, bringing 25 top college seniors from universities across the country to network and interview for management-track positions with some of New York’s leading fashion companies.
The Fashion Campus NYC and Fashion Draft NYC initiatives are a result of Mayor Bloomberg’s FashionNYC2020, a year-long examination of the challenges facing the fashion industry to help the City build on its competitive advantages to maintain its status as a global fashion capital. Learn more at www.nycedc.com/fashion.