Located in the heart of historic East Harlem, La Marqueta is poised to become an innovative marketplace for retail and food vendors.
Mayor LaGuardia opened the Park Avenue Retail Market in 1936. As East Harlem transformed into Spanish Harlem in the 1930’s, 1940’s, and 1950’s, the Park Avenue Retail Market
became “La Marqueta.” Food and small dry goods were sold to East Harlem, Central Harlem, and South Bronx residents, as well as to customers from other neighborhoods who would travel to the Market to buy ethnic foods not available elsewhere in the city.
Today, the tradition of culinary creativity at La Marqueta continues to thrive. Together, the City Council and NYCEDC are spearheading the work on this vibrant market. Underutilized market space was recently converted and modernized, giving way to added retail space as well as fully-equipped kitchen facilities that have enabled food businesses to grow.
Hours and Location
Monday to Wednesday: 8am to 5pm
Thursday to Saturday: 8am to 6pm
Sunday: Open for Special Events Only
1590 Park Avenue at 115th Street
New York, NY 10029
- Patisserie Vanessa
- Hot Bread Almacen
- Mama Grace's Afro Caribbean Food
- Velez Groceries
- Viva Produce
- Urban Garden Center
- PipSnacks (Commercial Kitchen)
- Luca & Bosco (Commercial Kitchen)
- Laurie and Sons (Commercial Kitchen)
- Hot Bread Kitchen (Commercial Kitchen)
- Deeply discounted space
- Secure, affordable off-street parking
- Subsidized utilities
- On-site maintenance staff
- Available cooler space at discounted prices
- Co-located with other food entrepreneurs in one of NYC’s historic public markets
Download the Available Space at NYC Markets flyer for information on available spaces.