reNew Lots is part of the City’s continued effort to engage community partners and develop creative ways to spur economic development in neighborhoods across all five boroughs.
Operated by Arts East New York, [re]New Lots is a marketplace and artist incubator that showcases the food and products of local entrepreneurs, businesses and artists. This site is the first of its kind in East New York, offering a place to sit and dine, gather, shop, and even mingle with local artists and residents. [re]New Lots provides affordable vending opportunities, studio space and business support services for vendors and artists. For the community there is free live music, performances, youth art workshops, panelists and other FREE events weekly. For more information on these special events look on their Facebook page below!
Hours and Location
THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you for a great Summer!
- Afrooklyn is bridging the gap between Africa and Brooklyn by creating pieces "made in Afrooklyn." The clothing line introduces the inner aesthetics of the urban youth and all cultures.
- Diva Lee Cuisine creates Caribbean dishes featuring creative uses of fruits, vegetables and condiments.
- Everything Sticks and More is a full service catering company specializing in favorite food and desserts on a kebob. Available on site are their famous red velvet chicken and waffles on a stick, salad, corn kabobs, and more.
- Jiva Designs is changing attitudes through indigenous home and apparel design. Jiva Design provides unique, modern, and antique ethnic goods to accent your entire home and office.
- My Lifestyle, Inc. is an eclectic clothing line that caters to the style of many. They carry designs for everyday wear as well as exclusive "MY" design originals.
- Word Up Café is an upscale specialty café featuring poetry, jazz & spoken word, gourmet coffee, cake and tea at your beck and call; soup, salad, smoothies made for one and all.
[re]New Lots Artists
- Alexis Mena is an Afro-Latino artist born and raised in East New York. His work, ARTrepreneurship, is an artists and organizers collective that collaborates with the community to encourage creative expression and social entrepreneurship for greater economic security.
- Thee Art Cave is a screen-printing and laser production studio, that brings ideas to life. From product design to interior design to street art, Thee Art Cave is excited to connect their love of art and service to the community.
- TunnelVision represents the work of James Malone, a Brooklyn based photographer. His art embraces the duality of life. Many times, his work captures the emotion and context of a time period or theme.
- Wet Paint is the work of Sophia Dawson, a Brooklyn based artist. She uses art and portraiture as a thought provoking tool to bring diverse people together, develop dialogue, and share experiences.