An initiative of the New York Economic Development Corporation and 92Y, NYC Fashion Fellows is a year-long fellowship program, starting in January 2013, designed for rising stars in fashion management. Fellows will receive executive-level mentoring, networking and community-building opportunities, and continuing education and career advancement workshops with industry professionals and their peers to measurably accelerate their careers.
As part of the Fashion.NYC.2020 initiative to support the long term growth of the City’s fashion industry, the program will help Fellows achieve the next stage of growth for their personal careers and their organizations and will strengthen the community of fashion professionals as a whole.
Over the next year, NYC Fashion Fellows will have the opportunity to attend relevant programming at 92Y, including the StyleCaster’s State of Style Summit; the Fashion Icons series with Fern Mallis; and Captains of Industry, a series of interviews with business leaders. Throughout the fellowship, fellows will also participate in educational seminars and skill-building workshops as well as breakfasts with fashion industry CEOs.
The NYC Fashion Fellows Advisory Committee members include:
- Terry Lundgren, Chairman, President and CEO, Macy’s, Inc.
- Fern Mallis. Founder, Fern Mallis LLC
- Andrew Rosen, CEO, Theory
- Diane von Furstenberg, Chairman and Founder, Diane von Furstenberg Studio L.P., and President, Council of Fashion Designers of America
The NYC Fashion Fellows Class of 2013 includes:
- Sarah Adelson, CEO and President, Sally LaPointe
- Jon Alagem, CEO and Founder, Trendabl
- Jessica Begley, Manager of College Relations, Bloomingdale’s
- Yvonne Botchey, Founder and Chief Principal, YYB Luxury Brand Consulting
- Annie Chen, Senior Manager, Global Merchandising for Handbags, Coach
- Jenel Chesley, Director of Operations, Tucker by Gaby Basora
- Hillary France, Vice President of Sales, Merchandising, Operations & Marketing, Kimberly Ovitz
- Melissa Hall, Founder, The Emerging Designer
- Alison Jonas, Strategy Associate, LF Beauty
- Tracy Kennard, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Lauren Moffatt
- Alice Kim, Asia Pacific Retail and Wholesale Director, Diane von Furstenberg
- Priyanka Sen Kundu, Product Development Manager - Handbag, Coach
- Amy Levin, Founder and Creative Director, College Fashionista
- Leah Macdonald, Senior Manager, E-Commerce, Alice + Olivia
- Kate Nadolny, Account Manager, Men’s Sportswear, Furnishings and Kid’s, Lacoste Wholesale
- Stacey Nathan, Manager Japan Merchandising, Tiffany & Co.
- Guilford Robinson, Vice President of Finance and Operations, PVH Corp. - Retail Management Division
- Kapil Sehgal, Associate Planner, Ralph Lauren
- Vivian Weng, Senior Associate, Corporate Finance Practice, McKinsey & Co.
- Travis Wright, Global Buying Manager, Warnaco/Calvin Klein Jeans
Each fellow will be paired with a mentor from a pool of top executives from across the fashion world. Mentors for NYC Fashion Fellows-Mentors Class of 2013 are:
- Gaby Basora, Founder and CEO, Tucker by Gaby Basora
- Jeff Blee, Divisional Merchandising Manager, Brooks Brothers
- Konrad Duchek, Founder and CEO, The Chief Trunk Company
- Karen Giberson, President, Accessories Council
- Lynne Hiriak, Founder and CEO, Cardigan
- Jarret Kerman, Commercial Director of the America’s – Wholesale, Brooks Brothers
- Ella Kim, Consultant, Coach
- Ed Mandelbaum, President, Designers and Agents
- Joy Marcus, Venture Partner, DFJ Gotham
- Uri Minkoff, Founder and CEO, Rebecca Minkoff
- Henry Roth, Designer and Managing Director, Michele Roth and Henry Roth Bridal
- Daniel Schultz, Co-Founder and Managing Director, DFJ Gotham
- Michele Sodi, CEO, Versace USA
- Marty Staff, President and Founder, Marty Staff Associates LLC.
- Yolanda Wardowski, Managing Director, Avalon Group LTD
- Gary Wassner, Co-CEO, Principal, Hildun Corporation
- Bennett Winick, EVP Wholesale, Versace USA
- Rony Zeidan, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, RO New York