An initiative of the New York Economic Development Corporation and the 92Y, NYC Fashion Fellows is a year-long fellowship program designed for rising stars in fashion management. Fellows will receive executive-level mentoring, networking and community-building opportunities, and continuing education and career advancement workshops with industry professionals and their peers to measurably accelerate their careers.
As part of the Fashion.NYC.2020 initiative to support the long term growth of the City’s fashion industry, the program will help Fellows achieve the next stage of growth for their personal careers and their organizations and will strengthen the community of fashion professionals as a whole.
NYC Fashion Fellows will have the opportunity to attend relevant programming at 92Y, including the StyleCaster’s State of Style Summit and the Fashion Icons series with Fern Mallis. Throughout the fellowship, fellows will also participate in educational seminars and skill-building workshops as well as breakfasts with fashion industry CEOs.
NYC Fashion Fellows Class of 2015
The third class of NYC Fashion Fellows was announced on January 30th, 2015. Over the next year, the class of NYC Fashion Fellows will receive one-on-one mentorship from senior-level fashion industry leaders, and participate in executive seminars with prominent fashion CEOs, career advancement workshops, and networking and community-building events.
Each Fellow will be paired with a mentor from a pool of senior-level executives from across the fashion spectrum. Mentors and fellows will meet at least four times throughout the program for one-on-one executive-level mentoring, providing Fellows with relevant industry insights, critical feedback, guidance on how to achieve specific goals, and exposure to the mentor’s network of contacts.
The NYC Fashion Fellows Class of 2015 includes:
- Verneda Adele White, HUMAN INTONATION
- Manyell Akinfe-Reed, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Rebecca Alperin, Calvin Klein Underwear
- Nadia Boujarwah, Dia&Co
- Caitlyn Brady, Coach
- Nick D’Urbano, International Division of Victoria’s Secret
- Lori Edwards, emPOWERED
- Ali Greenfield, Diane von Furstenberg
- Regina Gwynn, The Apparel Group
- Sarah Kelly, Ralph Lauren
- Anushri Mainthia, Diane von Furstenberg
- Alison Mandelker-Burnett, Bloomingdale’s
- Matthew Martin, Michael Kors
- Nanki Marwah, Lou & Grey
- Ibrahim Ndoye, Mimi Plange and SB&P Designs, LLC
- Katia Protsenko, Launch Collective
- Tessa Shevelew, Macy's
- Juliana Simon, Ralph Lauren
- Hugo Tapia, Juicy Couture International
- Trang To, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Amy Tran, 3.1 Phillip Lim
- Kate Unsworth, Kovert Designs
- Shimul Varghese, Coach
- Mike Wade, rag & bone
- Erin Wilson, Macy's
NYC Fashion Fellows Advisory Committee
- Terry Lundgren, Chairman, President and CEO, Macy’s, Inc.
- Fern Mallis, Founder, Fern Mallis LLC
- Andrew Rosen, CEO, Theory
- Kevin Ryan, Chairman, Gilt Groupe
- Diane von Furstenberg, Chairman and Founder, Diane von Furstenberg Studio L.P., and President, Council of Fashion Designers of America
NYC Fashion Fellows Class of 2013
- Sarah Adelson, CEO and President, Sally LaPointe
- Jon Alagem, CEO and Founder, Trendabl
- Jessica Begley, Manager of College Relations, Bloomingdale’s
- Yvonne Botchey, Founder and Chief Principal, YYB Luxury Brand Consulting
- Annie Chen, Senior Manager, Global Merchandising for Handbags, Coach
- Jenel Chesley, Director of Operations, Tucker by Gaby Basora
- Hillary France, Vice President of Sales, Merchandising, Operations & Marketing, Kimberly Ovitz
- Melissa Hall, Founder, The Emerging Designer
- Alison Jonas, Strategy Associate, LF Beauty
- Tracy Kennard, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Lauren Moffatt
- Alice Kim, Asia Pacific Retail and Wholesale Director, Diane von Furstenberg
- Priyanka Sen Kundu, Product Development Manager - Handbag, Coach
- Amy Levin, Founder and Creative Director, College Fashionista
- Leah Macdonald, Senior Manager, E-Commerce, Alice + Olivia
- Kate Nadolny, Account Manager, Men’s Sportswear, Furnishings and Kid’s, Lacoste Wholesale
- Stacey Nathan, Manager Japan Merchandising, Tiffany & Co.
- Guilford Robinson, Vice President of Finance and Operations, PVH Corp. - Retail Management Division
- Kapil Sehgal, Associate Planner, Ralph Lauren
- Vivian Weng, Senior Associate, Corporate Finance Practice, McKinsey & Co.
- Travis Wright, Global Buying Manager, Warnaco/Calvin Klein Jeans
NYC Fashion Fellows Mentors 2013
Each fellow will be paired with a mentor from a pool of top executives from across the fashion world.
- Gaby Basora, Founder and CEO, Tucker by Gaby Basora
- Jeff Blee, Divisional Merchandising Manager, Brooks Brothers
- Konrad Duchek, Founder and CEO, The Chief Trunk Company
- Karen Giberson, President, Accessories Council
- Lynne Hiriak, Founder and CEO, Cardigan
- Jarret Kerman, Commercial Director of the America’s – Wholesale, Brooks Brothers
- Ella Kim, Consultant, Coach
- Ed Mandelbaum, President, Designers and Agents
- Joy Marcus, Venture Partner, DFJ Gotham
- Uri Minkoff, Founder and CEO, Rebecca Minkoff
- Shira Carmi, Founding Partner, Launch Collective
- Daniel Schultz, Co-Founder and Managing Director, DFJ Gotham
- Michele Sodi, CEO, Versace USA
- Marty Staff, President and Founder, Marty Staff Associates LLC.
- Yolanda Wardowski, Managing Director, Avalon Group LTD
- Gary Wassner, Co-CEO, Principal, Hildun Corporation
- Bennett Winick, EVP Wholesale, Versace USA
- Rony Zeidan, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, RO New York