Learn as you Earn Advancement Program (LEAP)
The LEAP Program connects Associate and Certificate candidates to employer paid internships in growing, in-demand occupations.
The program seeks to address issues affecting student graduation rates including:
- limited work place skills
- financial burden (i.e., students having to work full or part-time in addition to their schooling)
- limited post-graduation placement opportunities in their field of study
LEAP combines classroom training and paid work experience through internships to help “middle skill” students gain appropriate skills and access to better paying jobs in the knowledge economy.
Participants will be placed in relevant, paid internships, receive contextualized soft-skills training in the classroom, and receive career counseling and support during, and post-internship with the program completion culminating in job placement.
LEAP Project Offices
LEAP will be launched, implemented, and managed through 5 occupation-specific LEAP Project Offices.
- Healthcare IT, e.g., Electronic Health Records Specialist, Health Information Technology IT Support Specialist
- Entry IT/ Helpdesk positions, e.g., Network and Computer Systems, Computer Systems Analysts
- Web-based work, including: Front-end web design, Graphic designers, web content editing, SEO (e.g., HTML5)
- General business support, e.g., administrative assistants, payroll/ accounting clerks, HR assistants
- Early Childhood Education Teaching Assistants/ Aides
Classes begin on a rolling basis at each of our partner locations. Each office welcomes participants from all boroughs. To participate, please contact our partners directly:
Early Childhood Education LEAP Office
89-25 Parsons Blvd., Jamaica, Queens