Searching for a rewarding career in NYC? There could be a position waiting for you at NYCEDC. ›
NYCEDC seeks proposals for the sale of an approximately 182,000 square foot parcel of land located on part of Block 14260, Lot 1, in Queens (the “Site”), for redevelopment for an airport-compatible use. The Site is on the south side of Rockaway Boulevard and is bordered on three sides by JFK International Airport (the “Airport”). The Site offers a unique opportunity to develop a build-to-suit facility on over four (4) convenient airport-adjacent acres of vacant land, a location ideal for such uses as air cargo or other airport-related industrial facilities. NYCEDC will also consider Proposals for other airport-compatible commercial uses.
Through this Request For Proposals (“RFP”), NYCEDC is seeking individuals or organizations to develop the Site for a use that contributes to the growth of the City’s economy (particularly by enabling and enhancing the growth of JFK-supported economic activity), complements and supports existing Airport facilities and ongoing Airport activities, generates revenues attributable to development of the Site through purchase proceeds and tax revenues, expands and preserves quality jobs, maximizes development of the Site in a thoughtful manner, including striving to incorporate green building practices, disposes of and activates the Site in an expeditious timeframe, and maximizes permanent employment opportunities for the City’s disadvantaged residents through participation in HireNYC, a free program that connects the City’s workforce development services to economic development projects.
NYCEDC plans to select a developer on the basis of factors stated in the RFP which include, but are not limited to: economic impact, airport compatibility, respondent team qualifications and financial ability, land use and design, the M/WBE and HireNYC hiring plans, and proposed purchase price.
Companies who have been certified with the New York City Department of Small Business Services as Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (“M/WBE”) are strongly encouraged to apply. To learn more about M/WBE certification and NYCEDC’s M/WBE program, please visit www.nycedc.com/opportunitymwd.
The RFP process shall be conducted as follows:
(1) NYCEDC will accept responses on a “rolling” basis, as this RFP is structured as an open RFP through 2014. The open RFP process allows respondents to submit proposals for consideration at any time, and allows NYCEDC to review submissions at bimonthly intervals over the remainder of calendar year 2013 and a portion of 2014. Respondents may submit proposals on or before each submission deadline, and may revise and resubmit their proposals prior to subsequent submission deadlines.
(2) After any submission deadline, NYCEDC may, at its sole discretion, elect to close the RFP. Should the RFP close, no further proposals shall be accepted, and all proposals received on or before that submission deadline shall be reviewed by NYCEDC. Accordingly, respondents preparing proposals should bear in mind that the likelihood of NYCEDC exercising its right to close the RFP increases with the passing of each submission deadline. In the event that NYCEDC elects to close the RFP before the final submission deadline, Respondents shall be notified via email, and a similar notification shall be posted on the NYCEDC website.
(3) If the RFP remains open for all planned submission deadlines, all proposals received after the RFP release date of September 10, 2013 and on or before the sixth (final) submission deadline of September 10, 2014 will be reviewed by NYCEDC by November 5, 2013.
(4) Those who wish to attend an information session must RSVP to Hildegarde Williams by calling 212.312.3584 or emailing JFKDevelopmentSiteRFP@nycedc.com a minimum of three business days prior to the information session. For those who are not able to attend an information session, the questions will be answered at the session, and a transcript of the entire session will be posted on the website http://www.nycedc.com/rfp within ten business days of the information session.
(5) After the completion of an information session, NYCEDC staff will lead an optional visit to the Site at 1:00 p.m. the same day. Respondents must arrange their own transportation from the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce to the Site. For those who are not able to attend a Site visit, the questions asked and answered at the visit will be posted on the NYCEDC website within ten business days of the visit.
NYCEDC may, in its sole and absolute discretion, elect to begin negotiation with one or more Respondents at any time as part of the proposal review process, including prior to the initial submission deadline or upon receipt of proposals throughout the open RFP process.
Respondents may submit questions and/or request clarifications from NYCEDC no later than 5:00pm on August 13, 2014. Questions regarding the subject matter of this RFP should be directed to JFKDevelopmentSiteRFP@nycedc.com. For all questions that do not pertain to the subject matter of this RFP, please contact NYCEDC’s Contracts Hotline at (212) 312-3969. Answers to all questions will be posted by August 27, 2014, on this page.
Detailed submission guidelines and requirements are outlined in this RFP, available as of Tuesday, September 10, 2013. In addition to being able to download the document above, the RFP is available for in-person pick-up between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, from NYCEDC, 110 William Street, 4th floor Mailroom Bid Desk, New York, NY (between Fulton & John streets). Responses are due no later than 4:00pm on Wednesday, September 10, 2014. Please submit five (5) sets of your proposal to:
NYCEDC, 110 William Street, 4th Floor Mailroom Bid Desk, New York, NY 10038 Attention: Maryann Catalano, Senior Vice President, Contracts.
Please find date, time and location listed below. Those who wish to attend should RSVP by email to EMAIL ADDRESS by DATE and TIME.
Companies who have been certified with the New York City Small Business Services as Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (“M/WBE”) are strongly encouraged to apply. To find out more about M/WBE certification, please call 311 or go to www.nyc.gov/getcertified.