NYC Tech Talent Draft Kicks Off
College students, get a firsthand look at exciting startup careers in New York City! Tech@NYC is touring some of the nation’s top colleges and universities to provide computer science and engineering students with the inside scoop on NYC’s booming tech scene.
Through the NYC Tech Talent Draft, NYCEDC introduces NYC’s tech scene to student audiences seeking entrepreneurial career opportunities, while providing NYC start-ups with a convenient, effective way to recruit top computer science and engineering students.
Don’t miss the on-campus information sessions featuring the founders, CEOs and CTOs of some of the City’s hottest startups:
- Learn invaluable career advice and hear about “a day in the life” at a start-up
- Mix, mingle and network with start-up panelists (and maybe even get hired!)
- Free food and drinks!
- Brown: September 19, 5:30-7:30 pm (following Brown Fall Career Fair)
- UPenn: September 19, 6-8 pm
- Princeton: September 21, 3-5 pm (following Princeton General Interest Career Fair)
- MIT: September 21, 5-7 pm (following MIT Fall Career Fair)
- Cornell: September 28, 2-8 pm (including a special NYC Tech Talent Draft Career Fair and Cornell Startup Weekend Kick-Off)
- Carnegie Mellon: October 23, 3-5 pm (following CMU Spark career event)
Among the more than 30 technology start-ups represented at the various campus events are: Appboy, AppNexus, Artsicle, Behance, Betterment, Birchbox, Bit.ly, Codecademy, CB Insights, Cureatr, Flatiron Health Inc, Fog Creek, GroupMe, Honest Buildings, kikin, Local Response, Meetup, nRelate, Sailthru, SecondMarket, Shelby.tv, Songza, thumb, and Yipit.
Register for your school’s session above and find out more at www.nycedc.com/techtalent. Bring your friends!