Announcing the NYC Fashion Fellows Inaugural Class
NYCEDC and 92nd Street Y today announced the inaugural class of NYC Fashion Fellows, and the start of a year-long fellowship program for these rising stars in fashion management. The 20 fellows will receive executive-level mentoring, networking and community-building opportunities, as well as continuing education workshops with industry professionals and their peers. The program will help fellows achieve the next stage of career growth, increase their value to their current employers, and strengthen New York City’s community of fashion professionals as a whole.
Over the next year, NYC Fashion Fellows will have the opportunity to attend relevant programming at 92Y, including the StyleCaster’s State of Style Summit; the Fashion Icons series with Fern Mallis; and Captains of Industry, a series of interviews with business leaders. Throughout the fellowship, fellows will also participate in educational seminars and skill-building workshops as well as breakfasts with fashion industry CEOs.
“We are excited to welcome the members of the inaugural class of NYC Fashion Fellows who, through this program, will develop skills that will help accelerate their careers in fashion. These fellows will have the unique opportunity to receive one-on-one mentorship from some of New York City’s top fashion executives, positioning them well to become the next generation of leaders in this bedrock City industry.” – NYCEDC President Seth Pinsky
All selected fellows have at least five years of work experience and currently work at NYC-based companies or internationally-based companies with US headquarters in NYC. The NYC Fashion Fellows Class of 2013 includes:
- Sarah Adelson, CEO and President, Sally LaPointe
- Jon Alagem, CEO and Founder, Trendabl
- Jessica Begley, Manager of College Relations, Bloomingdale’s
- Yvonne Botchey, Founder and Chief Principal, YYB Luxury Brand Consulting
- Annie Chen, Senior Manager, Global Merchandising for Handbags, Coach
- Jenel Chesley, Director of Operations, Tucker by Gaby Basora
- Hillary France, Vice President of Sales, Merchandising, Operations & Marketing, Kimberly Ovitz
- Melissa Hall, Founder, The Emerging Designer
- Alison Jonas, Strategy Associate, LF Beauty
- Tracy Kennard, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Lauren Moffatt
- Alice Kim, Asia Pacific Retail and Wholesale Director, Diane von Furstenberg
- Priyanka Sen Kundu, Product Development Manager - Handbag, Coach
- Amy Levin, Founder and Creative Director, College Fashionista
- Leah Macdonald, Senior Manager, E-Commerce, Alice + Olivia
- Kate Nadolny, Account Manager, Men’s Sportswear, Furnishings and Kid’s, Lacoste Wholesale
- Stacey Nathan, Manager Japan Merchandising, Tiffany & Co.
- Guilford Robinson, Vice President of Finance and Operations, PVH Corp. - Retail Management Division
- Kapil Sehgal, Associate Planner, Ralph Lauren
- Vivian Weng, Senior Associate, Corporate Finance Practice, McKinsey & Co.
- Travis Wright, Global Buying Manager, Warnaco/Calvin Klein Jeans
Each fellow will be paired with a mentor from a pool of top executives from across the fashion world. Mentors for NYC Fashion Fellows-Mentors Class of 2013 are:
- Gaby Basora, Founder and CEO, Tucker by Gaby Basora
- Jeff Blee, Divisional Merchandising Manager, Brooks Brothers
- Konrad Duchek, Founder and CEO, The Chief Trunk Company
- Karen Giberson, President, Accessories Council
- Lynne Hiriak, Founder and CEO, Cardigan
- Jarret Kerman, Commercial Director of the America’s – Wholesale, Brooks Brothers
- Ella Kim, Consultant, Coach
- Ed Mandelbaum, President, Designers and Agents
- Joy Marcus, Venture Partner, DFJ Gotham
- Uri Minkoff, Founder and CEO, Rebecca Minkoff
- Henry Roth, Designer and Managing Director, Michele Roth and Henry Roth Bridal
- Daniel Schultz, Co-Founder and Managing Director, DFJ Gotham
- Michele Sodi, CEO, Versace USA
- Marty Staff, President and Founder, Marty Staff Associates LLC.
- Yolanda Wardowski, Managing Director, Avalon Group LTD
- Gary Wassner, Co-CEO, Principal, Hildun Corporation
- Bennett Winick, EVP Wholesale, Versace USA
- Rony Zeidan, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, RO New York
We’ll keep you updated on their progress! Congratulations to the first class of NYC Fashion Fellows, and find out more about the program at www.nycfashionfellows.org.